Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Good Night!!!!

Okay... We've experienced sensory overload and utter exhaustion. So much to see and absorb that I don't know how we will ever sort it out. Don't get the wrong impression, this was just two seconds of shut eye each before we dumped out all the catalogs and started in again.

We were on the show floor all morning in the new vendor section. We saw some interesting things. There was one paper company called The Paper Element that has some great papers on really thick cardstock. We looked at the Slice by Tinnus. It will be exciting when it hits the market in the summer. We also liked the Scrap-eze products for storage.

The afternoon was spent in a whirlwind of visiting booths to pick up catalogs. If I counted right we hit at least 40 booths today between noon and 5 pm. We R Memory Keepers now has the Crop-a-dile in lime green. And they have pink & green storage box including eyelets. We will try to place this order tomorrow before we head back to Texas.

Karen Foster has a new tool called the ScraparatusTM Making Memories introduced the Tag Curler. Neither of these two made a positive impact on us. They each seem very specialized in their uses. At this time we will not be ordering either of these two.

Favorite paper companies included DieCuts With a View, Imaginisce, Melissa Frances, Cosmo Cricket, and Around the Block (just to name a few). There were tons of chipboard including really cool mini albums of every shape and size. (I can't keep the class gears from spinning.) We are still seeing lots of bling and glitter and glitz.

Okay... it's time to say good night once again. Tomorrow will be a very long day. We not be back in Round Rock until about midnight, so you may not hear from us tomorrow.

ZZZZzzzzz
Janet & Lorrie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see what you been excited by! Sounds like you are having fun and sleep is overrated!

Take care, see you soon!

Unknown said...

Like Julie always says, you can sleep after you die! So much fun to be had. I can't wait to see everything.

Pam Sivage said...

Sleep????? You don't need that when you are shopping!!Sounds like there is so much to see and cant wait until you get back to see the bling and glitter in person!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited! I cannot wait any longer. Think I'll come in on my day off and BEG Lorrie for a sneak peek? think it'll work???

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else to see all of these new and exciting additions to SBF stock!

Amy Nelp said...

I saw the Slice at CHA and was so impressed - can't wait for it to be ready to sell. I saw that you noticed it too. It comes with SO MUCH stuff loaded into it and all cut in different sizes and it cuts so smoothly. I watched several demos. I hope it gives great competition to some of the big companies! Their brochure has their web site listed: www.tinnus.com.