Friday, November 09, 2007

Blog Spotlight: Instructor and Design Team Member Susan Allen!


From Susan:


I have always loved to scrapbook ever since I was young. Scrapbooking has been a hobby in our family for 3 generations. When I was little my Grandmother and Mother both made scrapbooks. I loved to just look at them and see what my relatives looked like that I hadn't seen before. My Grandmother had a black photo album with black pages in it. She even used a white ink pen. Where did she get that pen?! To this day the photos and the album look like she just completed it, it looks that new. My Mother made albums with cards , postcards and she did scrapbooking while she was growing up. She would make me albums and cut out a piece of the fabric of the dresses that she had made for me and shared why she had made that particular dress. It was fun to look at them while I was growing up. I think it is so important to write the stories behind the picture and memorabilia. I tell all my getting started classes that it you are not in the room the book has to tell the story for you. My Grandmother and Mother both did this and wow it sure helps keep the history going. Now my Daughter and granddaugher both share this tradition.


I do each of my albums in themes. Some are chronological and some are by events. I love how the color sets the tone and the mood of my pictures. My favorite part is to add the ebellishments especially the bling, after I have created my layout with a title and journaling.


Catch the bug with scrapbooking and share it with your family and friends!

No comments: