Monday, November 05, 2007

Blog Spotlight: Instructor and Design Team Member Janet Bradshaw!


Hi, my name is Janet and I am a scrapper. I've been scrapbooking as long as I can remember. I have small scrapbooks and journals from my junior high and high school. I worked on the school yearbook staff and even worked my way up to co-editor for two years. When I went on my Senior trip to England, I created a scrapbook. Today those scrapbook looks very antique, but they captured the moments, the memories and the magic.

I took up the new hobby back in 1998 and shortly after that discovered Scrapbook Fever. I sent an e-mail inquiring about a weekend position and thus began my long affiliation with the fantastic Fever Team. I worked weekends and taught classes for a couple of years while my daughter was younger. Then I took off a few years from the store and returned in 2004 when I was laid off from my desk job. I worked the sales floor and I began teaching again. The saddest day I remember at Scrapbook Fever was two years ago when I had to say "I'm going back to work full time and will only be able to teach". I miss the store, I miss the employees and I miss the customers, but I stay close by filling the role of the class coordinator. If only there were more hours a day for scrapbooking!

My passion is scrapping heritage photos and stories, then I remember that "today's memories" will one day be heritage photos for future generations. I scrapbook all aspects of my life and the life around me. I love photography, but even more than that, I love to scrapbook the fantastic shots that Michael takes. He has such talent that he makes my job of scrapping a breeze. My greatest reward from scrapbooking is learning from others and sharing ideas. Our instructors, employees, design team members and customers are so very talented. A special thanks to all of you for helping me become the scrapper I am today! -- Janet Bradshaw, 2007

No comments: