Friday, January 11, 2008

Design Team Member Spotlight: Sheri Brainard!



Why Do I Scrap?
I thought I would take a few minutes at the start of this new year and reflect on Why I Scrap? You see, this is the only habit/hobby/addiction that seems to follow me year after year. I usually get bored or am tempted by the newest fads. But, for some reason scrapping is in my blood. It is part of what makes me who I am. It is a refuge when times get tough…
So, since there is a writer’s strike going on, I thought I would give David Letterman some material he could use and copy off of the TOP 10 REASONS theme (ha!). So here are my top 10 reasons.


1. It causes me to stop, take a break and reflect on the wonderful
times I share with my family and friends.
2. It is therapeutic. It helped me through the loss of my Dad.
3. Scrapping provides a forum for much needed girl time! I don’t know
what people do without girlfriends!
4. I get to use the creative side of my brain!
5. It’s all about ME! And it is okay. Nobody judges…
6. Crops afford me the time to reflect on being a good wife and
Mother. The women I meet are an inspiration and a great support system and wealth of knowledge.
7. I’ve met some of my dearest friends at classes, conventions and
seminars associated with Scrapbooking.
8. I get to RELIVE all of my memories and good times – over and over
again.
9. It gives me one on one time with my sister.
10. It is the one hobby that gives back to my family. I don’t have to feel
guilty, because it is a good, clean habit that provides benefit to my family and future generations.


Well, that was kind of fun! I challenge each of you to think about the reasons you scrap. You might be surprised at how much you get out of this WONDERFUL hobby of ours. And, although David Letterman will never use it, the journaling will make a great start to a layout about YOU!


Go ahead, treat yourself…


Sheri Brainard

No comments: