Friday, December 07, 2007

Design Team Member Spotlight: Sherry Moore!


Why did I start scrapbooking? I was a stay at home mom at the time with our first-born son. I was invited to a Creative Memories party by a friend I believe through MOMS Club. I was instantly hooked. I love to do crafty things and have been crafty (or ‘crappy’ as my cousin accident put it) from an early age. I’ve not been very consistent with crafts though – just dabbled here and there. I remember as a young teen making macramé jewelry and loved wearing it. Went through that phase of punch wreaths, painted country-style jewelry and more. I was so excited to find a hobby I could do that not only allowed me to be creative, but would document my life, the life of my family and children! Who could ask for more! I’ve always been interested in history and love family stories and photos. Unfortunately, I learned too late that as a scrapbooker and family historian, you need to talk with your loved ones before it is too late – to get their stories, their points of view and just to learn more about them that you never knew before. I’ve been doing this now for about 12 years and don’t plan to ever stop! I love taking photos, copying ideas and then making them my own, I love all the stuff that goes along with this hobby and the people you meet along the way that also have a passion for the hobby. The people at Scrapbook Fever are the nicest people I’ve met and I will always support this store and be a loyal customer. To me, there is no other place like Scrapbook Fever! I’ve been a faithful customer since its beginning!

I’d say my favorite products are probably the papers. I love paper! So much you can do with it and the colors and patterns are to die for. I love to clean and organize my scraproom and change my organization systems as my stash grows or depletes. I just use what works for me and so far, so good! I get most of my inspiration from others – magazines, idea books and of course other scrappers at classes or scrapathons. I’ve enjoyed making layouts for the DT because it’s stretching me more than I have been before, and I also enjoy using ideas I’ve seen and creating my own masterpieces.

Scrappers are the best!

No comments: